Registration closes on 30th August 2019
The 2019 package includes:
- 23 days of being looked after extremely well, in the style of traditional treks in the Himalaya
- Team leaders and doctors from the UK and NZ, who are mountain runners with experience of high altitude
- 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at the 4 star Hotel Shanker, with two people sharing a room
- Dinner and breakfast for 4 nights at the hotel
- Collection from Kathmandu airport when you arrive and on your return to the airport
- Celebration dinner with the prize giving on the final night in Kathmandu
- Internal flights from Kathmandu to Lukla and the return from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Accommodation throughout the trek -15 nights camping, 3 nights in a lodge, both with two people sharing
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the trek*
- Thick camping mattresses to go into the well-insulated CAN tents
- An OEM kitbag to transport your gear on the trek
- Porters and yaks to carry everything other than your day pack
- A Health team who will be providing medical cover throughout the trek and the race
- A race map
- OEM logoed top, buff and hat
- 8 marshalled control points with hot and cold drinks
- Photo of you crossing the finish line
- An OEM medal for finishers
- A contribution towards the cost of up to 20 Nepali runners competing in the event
- All the necessary permits for access to the Sagamartha National Park and the running permit
- Tips for the team of cooks and porters
- A guided tour of two of the World Heritage sites - Pashupatinath Temple and Bodhanth Stupa
- The race organisation
* You pay for your own lunches whilst in Kathmandu
Everything that it's possible to include from the time you arrive in Kathmandu and leave is part of the package.
The price excludes:
- International flights to Nepal
- Travel insurance
- Nepalese visa - cost about £35 for 30 days
- Lunches and drinks in Kathmandu
- Any drinks and snacks you want to buy on the trek
- Dinner in Namche Bazaar on marathon day*
- 2 lunches in Namche Bazaar*
* The day before we leave for the trek and on return to Kathmandu we don't provide lunch, so you're free to explore the restaurants and great roadside stalls in the city. Likewise, whilst we're in Namche Bazaar the group will be arriving at different times and wanting to explore the shops and cafes.
Making the most of your stay
We will meet in the Hotel Shanker, Kathmandu on 15th November. You can arrive at any time after midday, ideally before 6pm. At the end of the event, most people will be leaving the hotel for an early flight on 7th December.
You may chose to arrive in Nepal earlier, or leave later, so you can fit in a visit to another area. If you need help with ideas of areas to visit or want an organised trek in Nepal, we can help you with this.
Insurance which covers trekking and racing is compulsory.
Your policy must cover emergency helicopter evacuation, medical treatment in Kathmandu and repatriation.
There are details of insurance companies in the information you receive after your application has been accepted.
The organiser has insurance for public liability and professional indemnity which also covers the Team Leaders.
- You will get information about the options for payment on the website, once your application has been accepted
- A deposit of £500 is required when your registration has been accepted
- Payments can be made online using credit or debit card through Stripe or by Bank Transfer. The latter is free to UK residents. For people living outside the UK it will be more cost effective to pay by credit/debit card using our Stripe interface
- When you register before May 2019, you can arrange to pay the balance by installments. If you take advantage of paying by installments, there are specific dates to meet:
- 50% of the balance must be paid by February 28th 2019
- 75% of the balance must be paid by April 30th 2019
- The total amount must be paid by 30th July 2019
- If you register after 1st June 2019, the balance will be payable in one lump sum after the deposit
- Entries close on 30th August for the 2019 marathon
- Entries for the 2020 Original Everest Marathon open 1st August 2019
- The £500 deposit is non-refundable
- Cancellation before 01 June 2019, 50% refund of the balance paid
- Cancellation after 01 June 2019, 40% refund of the balance paid
- Cancellation after 30th July, 30% refund of the balance paid
- Cancellation after 30th August, no refund of the balance paid