OEM practice weekend – 10th - 13th May 2019
Giggleswick School, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 0DE
The weekend is for people who have already signed up for the OEM as well as those who love the idea of running the highest marathon in the world and want to know more.
It's a weekend of skill development, training and getting to know the people who you’ll be spending time with in Nepal. We’re going to be based in the lovely grounds of Giggleswick, on the SW edge of the Yorkshire Dales. This gives us steep ground to practice ascending and descending and a variety of terrain for long runs over the Three Peaks.
When you book, you can choose from a menu of workshops, designed to give you the skills and confidence to run the marathon. Or for those who want a good, long run, you can treat it as a training weekend.
This will be excellent and plentiful as the school will be providing dinner on Friday and Saturday and breakfasts and lunches on Saturday and Sunday.
- bring your own tent and camping gear
- there are a few places for camper vans
- share the floor of the cricket pavilion, using either your own sleeping bag and mattress or the schools
There are limitted places for each options, so when you book, specify your preference.
- a presentation on the OEM
- input on clothing and shoes suitable for trekking and running
- use of the climbing wall
Arrival is from 5pm on Friday afternoon and we finish after lunch on Sunday.
What to bring
- Shorts and vest for hot, sunny weather
- Tights, base layer, mid layer, hat, gloves, Buff
- Good Waterproof Jacket and Trousers
- Rucksack capable of carrying clothes, water and food
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Running shoes and socks
After running gear
- Change of clothes and footwear for the evening – to cover cold, wet and warm
- Waterproof jacket
- Climbing harness if you have your own
- head torch
- Camping gear or let me know if you need to borrow a sleeping bag / mattress
The cost for the whole weekend - £100 per person.
You can book online from 1st February on the SPORTident website
After signing up you'll receive an email about the skills input sessions so you can sign up.